Content


SAN FRANCISCO / VIENNA / MEXICO D.F. / JAKARTA / YOGYAKARTA / HONG KONG / NEW DELHI / TOKYO / VANCOUVER / NEW YORK CITY / FRANKFURT


Tuesday, September 11, 2012 Location: New York, NY, USA

The Grandeur

Song to accompany: Keane - You are Young

Forewarn: You are probably getting tired of hearing New York City is the city that never sleeps. I know - so am I and I will not even go to that. Let us take this city from a different perspective.

---
A reason why I prefer to be in big cities because of its fast pace and how many extremes you can experience within your doorstep.

Anyone knows that New York City is the epitome of living large. It is where dreams are made and come to life.



It is probably the only city I have been to where taxi drivers are confused when you give them the exact address. They only take intersections.





You see a contained chaos. You see too big of a diversity. Something that extends to horizons that you cannot simply imagine. It is grand.



One thing for sure is that, everyone in the city feels young. Never have I met someone who feels otherwise.


I may be cheesy but I have done this on purpose: when you are in New York City, bring your iPod and make sure Jay-Z's Empire State of Mind or Heart of the City (Ain't No Love) is in it. Play that on high volume when you are in Times Square. Damn does that feel amazing.


Off for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Kitha Swarga. Powered by Blogger.